August 09, 2005

It's the final countdown

Three weeks.

One week till NY. Pray for me - safe travel, and safe visit. I'll be at home (in the guest room on the pull-out sofa) with my mom, dad, and my brother. Bless his heart, I called home last night, and he answered the phone (which caught me off-guard - almost didn't recognize his voice - since he's not been home much this summer) and proceeded to 'reassure' me that he would not be home too much during the week I'll be home, but that we would see each other on the weekend.

I am starting to really feel the pressure of the final few days. I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by! Someone asked me the other day what I've been doing this summer, and I blanked. I said something like, "Well, I've been busy, but I just remember doing what right now." I had to look back at my day planner to see what I've actually been doing.

Praise, praise, praise!
God has resolved some things for me financially today. It was a great relief to hear the news.

Good eats - last night after our not-so-single class/ministry/group prayer meeting, some of us went out to Wok HAY! for dinner. I really liked my lo mein (Em didn't like her pad tai, though, so buyer beware). Sorina and her Romanian palate didn't have much of a taste for her mango salsa, but she managed to stomach the ahi tuna. And I suppose those last comments make it sound like the food wasn't too good, but I really liked it - probably because I got the best (unique) fortune - 'You will be fortunate in everything you put your hands on.' Hopefully that bodes well for the coming year!

Tschus -

J-9-er

1 comment:

the reeser said...

wok-haaaaaay! i liked it ok. it's no taste of thai, but not nearly as expensive, either.

-kyle