November 19, 2004

Fry-day

Hey, hey, it's the weekend!
Finally! I am getting better, and so is life.
I had a good talk with my boss (read: research/PhD advisor) yesterday, and he got me straightened out. I'd been kind of freaking out about my research, feeling like I was way behind, and still learning how to do things in the lab. We are going to communicate more (changing my habit of avoiding people/situations when I think someone is disappointed with me), and I am switching to a different project so that I can make mistakes and not screw up someone else's deadline (whew!). I've gotten almost everything graded for my students, and (yikes!!!) there are only five more days if classes left in the semester. Can you say 'Deutschland'?! Winter break never looked so good!
Anyway, that's all for now: I'm off to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for dinner and Christmas lights!
Cheers

No comments: