January 11, 2005

So it begins...

Today we (by we I mean the Chem department) had a meeting for all Gen Chem TAs. And so it begins. A brand new year. I am looking forward to my classes. One is full at 24, and the other has half as many students. I did get the Big Orange Screw, with a 3:35-6:35 lab on Fridays. Won't that be swell. I think that this is the first time I've gotten the Screw, though, which is pretty good for five years. I'm only taking one class this semester, and most of my days don't start too early, which is good for me. I do want to make more of an effort to be punctual, and more of an early riser this semester, but that's off to a dismal start. We'll see what the new year brings.
This weekend was fun. I am so glad to be back in Knoxville with friends and Calvary. I feel so at home here, and I love the weather! (I don't care how unwintery it feels. I'll take 70s in January any day!) I had an absolute blast on Friday, going over to Rachel and Emily's house, and then going dancing with Sonya and Lori. I love to dance! I've been doing it since I was, what, 4? Good times. (Even then, I was taller than all the other girls. Not that I've been feeling self-conscious lately about being tall, despite wearing great heels...I need to keep in mind that Uma Thurman is 6', and Nicole Kidman is 5'11" - and they look fabulous.)
On a side note, I have been mulling over all the eating out I did last year, and the effect that it (and my sweet tooth) have had on my health and my wallet. I'm thinking of cutting back...but I love getting to see and talk with BASIC on Sundays. Maybe we'll find another way to get together without going out to eat. We'll have to see.
Well, that's all the randomness for now.
Ciao,
J9

No comments: