May 04, 2005

Running on fumes

Yes, I certainly am.

I went to the Women's Adventure Social last night at the Climbing Center off of Sutherland Ave. It was my first time rock climbing (wall climbing) and I loved it! I actually got to the top of the wall several times (yeah, it was the easy wall, but for someone with a fear of unprotected heights - and you can't get much less protected than that - it was definately an accomplishment). I made the most of our three hours there, and I am feeling the pain today. With every letter I type, I can feel it in my forearms/fingers, bi's and tri's, shoulders, and back. I think my foot is even a little sore from pushing off of the holds so much.

I think maybe I'm sore today (not only because I haven't worked out in a while...a very long while, but) because I haven't been to bed yet. I just completed my final final (not a typo) on chemical applications of group theory. Yes, it is just as much fun as it sounds. And I had sort of neglected to go to class for the last month of the semester, so I had to learn all that material in about 12 hours. You may call it cramming, but I believe I'll retain it. I shall find out tomorrow how successful I was.

I'm now going home to crash. If you miss me at church tonight, it's because I'm in the bed, and will be till morning comes. Then it's back to campus by 10 am to grade some other poor fool's final. Ah, the joys of teaching!

No comments: